Friday, February 02, 2007

Mini Me





















I got a new car yesterday, a 2003 Mini Cooper. It's dark blue with a white roof. It's the S model, which means super-awesome I guess.

I feel like I'm ten years younger. Having driven a minivan for the past 5 years I guess my soul was aging more rapidly than my body. I forgot what it was like to drive a real car, a car with a manual transmission, a car without an armrest.

The ride is certainly bumpier, but it's also such a performance powerhouse. The handling is the best I've ever driven, and I can turn on to a street and be driving the speed of traffic within seconds instead of minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I hate you sooooooo much.

That is the car that I would really love to have. There awsome.
I saw a review of them and some other cars on a TV show thing on the web recently where the guy says the mini wins hands down.

So now I have to hate you!!!

post pics soon.

Anonymous said...

Is that really Charleze Theron behind the wheel?

M. Smith said...

Nope, she's in the trunk. That's my lovechild Lexi Lou.

Unknown said...

Sweet ride! The fruits of your suburban life are tempting indeed.