Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm taking the day off

No reason, just took a day because I had some vacation built up. Wanna know a little secret? It kind of blows.

Is it age that makes free time go twice as quickly as it used to, or is it the children? Anyway, here's a recap of my day so far.

7.45 - Lexi wakes up and comes in to watch cartoons.

8.00 - Lexi goes in to wake up Noah

8.30 - Take kids to daycare. Sit and talk for 20 minutes.

9.00 - Go to Goodwill. I go here a lot, but today felt off. I didn't get a good night's sleep last night, so my junk sorting is a little off. I half-assedly look through books, jackets, shoes, spend most my time looking at picture frames -- my newest obsession, then shirts, pants and sweaters. Nothing. I'm pretty much wasting time until 10.00 when most stores open.

9.50 - Hit McDonalds for a breakfast burrito and a sausage biscuit. Got a medium Coke. Of course coffee would have been the right choice since I was tired, but I have a coffee conundrum at a drive through, in that I need it really sweet, lots of cream and sugar, and I don't want to inconvenience them, but I don't want to stick my own 6 sugars in either, so Coke is easier.

10.00 - Check out the new video game store I saw last week. I felt bad for the guy working there, he's been open 3 months and the place was empty, so I had to buy at least one game to make him feel better. Sucks being such a people person.

10.45 - Make the crucial choice not to go to the Guitar Center, but instead home so I can take a nap. But first I check out the Guitar Center website to see what I missed. Video games I can justify, since I play them regularly. Guitars are a little harder, since I have several, and they're all in the garage and never get played. But what's a day off for if you don't buy a new guitar or something? Am I right?

1.00 - My alarm goes off. I only wanted a quick nap so I wouldn't waste my already flying-by day.

1.30 - Still hitting snooze. Think about getting up. Finally jump out of bed to check something out on the internet.

2.14 - Still on the internet, writing this post. Formulating my plan of attack for the rest of the afternoon. It pretty much involves making the bed, cleaning the dishes from last night, then the tough choice -- Do I go to the grocery store for stuff for dinner, or can I scrape something together. I'm resolving right now to scrape something together. I think I have enough for some soup, and I'm taking a personal day, dammit, not a grocery store day. This is a tougher choice than it sounds, as the Missus took a personal day last week and stayed home all day cleaning the house on her day off. Oh well, that's her choice. Did I mention I'm going to make the bed? Crisis averted.

2.17 - I need to play some video games before my time's up. I think I'll go do that for an hour, start some soup, get the mail, and maybe play games interspersed with checking on the soup.

2.18 - I'm getting up now. Wait, I think I've figured it out. Why days off are shorter now...because the kids get home at 5. Before kids you had all day and all night, now you just have all day. How dumb of me not to think of this before.

2.19 - I'm getting up now.

2.20 - Things I learned from the internet today :

1. It's a shame about Heath Ledger. I thought he was a great actor and seemed like a decent guy.
2. I'm changing my candidate for president. I want Kucinich and Thompson in '08. Have you seen their wivs? Hubba hubba.

2.21 - I'm getting up now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are the root of all evil! LOL
Didn't I tell you that before you had them? no? Opps.. sorry dude! ROFL
Life switches into high gear once you start having kids. Its like when you thought you were going really fast on your bike and then you drive a car alone for the first time and whoooosh! Do I ever make sense? anyways (no drugs I swear I'm just like this) The days get way shorter after you have kids..

Anonymous said...

Loved it, Loved it, Loved it. You should write a book! -G-