Sunday, January 27, 2008

Funny Comments

I was reading a post on the Consumerist.com and scrolled down to read the comments, which are pretty typical for such a website. The consumerist is a place where you go and tell your retail nightmares. Then, in the comments section, half the readers call you a moron for shopping at places like Best Buy in the first place, while the other half yell at the first commenters to tell them to give you a break.

Anyway, the post I was reading was about a deaf woman who went through a drive-thru at a fast food place, and pulled around to the window because she couldn't hear anything through the speaker (natch). The manager told her she had to order through the speaker, and he wouldn't let her order from the window. So I read the first couple comments, then came this gem:

" BY MIKEMAR42 AT 02:38 PM

If I was def I would go inside to order, it would be simpler and easier for both parties involved. I wouldn't make a big deal about it. This is just complaining not discrimination. If I was def I wouldn't expect special treatment everywhere I went. I usually go in to order anyway because they fuck you at the drive thru. THEY FUCK YOU AT THE DRIVE THRU THEY ALWAYS DO IT. THEY KNOW YOU'LL BE A MILE AWAY BEFORE YOU NOTICE. THEY FUCK YOU AT THE DRIVE THRU, EVERY TIME."


I hope you found it as funny as I did. It's funny because it's true. If you stop a moment to check your order, they give you nasty looks. I've even had employees say, "It's all there". Only to check the bag and find that something was indeed missing. Multiple times. St. Louis was the worst for this. You'd almost get stabbed by the employees for doubting them, though they were never surprised if you did find a mistake.

I dunno, I couldn't stop laughing at this.

No comments: