Friday, June 26, 2009

The Current State of Things

MJ is dead and I don't feel any emotion about it at all. Not that I expected to, but I guess if anything it's maybe just relief that we don't ever have to hear about him again. He did it to himself. You know what...you wanna live the childhood that you never had? Do it privately. Don't be a freak then say that people just don't understand you.

The thing that boggles my mind is that there are people out there that care. Or that are pretending to care. I understand the tributes and news stories, but people that you would expect to be making fun of the guy are talking about what a tragic loss this is. When was Michael Jackson last relevant--1992? In Romania? Probably the only person's death I could care less about is Ed McMahon (d'oh!).

In happier news, we had a great Father's Day. Lexi made me some ties from white paper she colored on then laminated. I even wore one to work last Sunday. I'll see if I can't get some pictures up. The night before I had just remarked that I certainly hoped I wouldn't get any ties for Father's Day, but I was thrilled when I saw these. And my wonderful wife bought me a speaker system for the ipod that I can use at work.

Last Saturday we also went to the Tigard Balloon Festival for the first time since we've lived here. It was a blast. I'm not lying.

First off, my wife woke up at 4.30 because we'd heard you need to get there early, because there are tons of people. I got up closer to 5, and by the time we'd left here it was probably 5.15. Got there at 5.30 (it's only a couple miles away at Cook Park). I'm pretty sure we were the first ones there. Ok, there were a few people milling about, but I'd say one would be safe to arrive at 6.30 and not miss anything. They have a pancake breakfast, so we got some p-cakes and coffee and found a table where we could watch the festivities.

The festivities really just consisted of watching them blow up hot air balloons, then proceeding to fly away in the hot air balloons. It was really neat though. I'd never seen them close up before, and the kids had a blast. Two hours later, they'd all flown away and we flew the coop as well. I wa hoping to go home and right back to bed, but kids never seem to want to do the same as the adults. That night we were able to drop the kids off at the babysitter's and go out for dinner to the Outback. I know it's not that exciting, but I haven't been to the Outback in years and the Bloomin' Onion was calling. Hmm, now that I write this, it's calling my name again.

No comments: