Sunday, February 08, 2009

2009's starting off rather dull

And it's not just because Coldplay are on the Grammy's right now (rim shot!).

I've been thinking, but not about anything worth sharing.

Yes, the leaky pipe is still holding. I learned from the best. Now if my in-laws would only tell their daughter how great I am. I've even got the beard going to prove it.

Heard this on the comedy station the other day, "Wouldn't the Republicans be pissed if they one day found out that stem cells cured homosexuality?" I forget who said it.

Mitch Hedberg said, "I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an escalator temporarily out of order sign, only an escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

Kids are still hilarious. They yearn to go to restaurants to eat these days. They've been pretty good too, so it's been a not-horrible experience. We were at teh Cheesecake Factory the other night and Noah told the waitress, "I want soup, please!" Lexi's 4th birthday is in a week and she's very excited. I said something about her being four the other day and she told me, "I'm not 4, I'm only 3 1/2". She's very literal. She's been reading Charlotte's Web with Mandy then got to watch the movie which she barely paid attention to. She just liked mommy reading to her.

The kids are loving Scooby Doo the most though. You can't even turn on a Spongebob, it's just Scooby and the rest of the Mystery, Inc. gang. Every once in awhile Noah will say, "I love Velma", or "I love Freddy". There are some great Scooby Doo cartoons. And there are some absolutely terrible ones.

I think the kids are messing with me though. Every once in awhile I'm pretty sure they're saying swear words to see if I notice, but when I ask them what they say they won't admit it. They're mumble-swearers.

Finally found Herman Hesse's 'Knulp' at Powell's yesterday. I've been looking for it for years, but it's usually about 35-50 dollars; I was able to get a used copy for only 10 dollars. The kids were not the best bookstore shoppers. I think I might have done some mumble-swearing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Besides TGW, and PostSecret, it's all I look at regularly.
-G-

mandy726 said...

I don't need my parents to tell me what an awesome guy you are, I already know. I'm incredibly lucky to have you honey!