Monday, October 20, 2008

Fairy Tales

I've been telling Lexi the story of Little Red Riding hood the past few nights. What I remember of it anyway. I'm afraid my versions are going to somehow ruin her life when she grows up and realizes that her versions of fairy tales are so totally different than everybody else's.

Anyway, after hearing the story a couple of times, she's started asking questions.

"Did the guy just chop the wolf's head off or did he cut his arms off too?"

"Did her grandma get to eat some soup?"

"But was her grandma still sick?" (this is after I tell her the wolf ate the grandma)


Lexi was relating a story to her mother this evening while lying in bed, and in the middle of the story she asks, "When you were in the rain today did you wear a jacket with a hood?"

"Yes, I sure did", said her mother.

"Good", said Lexi, then continued on with her story.

It's funny to see how her brain works these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there any question about her intelligence ? Look and her grandma Eileen and Marlene. We wear hoods also. Love you, Ms